[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4591: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Rockman Anime Music Video Station • View topic - Gah. Firefox Problems (Or my computer)
Your general average generic Chit Chat cafe. Talk about everyday issues, of the strange thing that happened when you stepped in the funny looking door.

Moderators: Admin Staff, Mod Staff

Gah. Firefox Problems (Or my computer)

Gah. Firefox Problems (Or my computer)

Postby D-Zyphyr » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:34 am

D-Zyphyr
HMM... COPPER PIPE!
HMM... COPPER PIPE!

Postby XHunter » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:19 pm

XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby genericnumber1 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:00 pm

genericnumber1
Maverick Hunter
Maverick Hunter

Postby Dark Shadow » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:15 pm

Do you have a good spyware/malware/adware remover and defender, cause if you don't, your computer may already have lots of infections you don't know about and are watching what sites and waht you do on your computer, I reccomend::

Ad-Aware
Spybot-Search and Destroy
Windows Defender Beta 2
AVG-Antivirus
CCleaner(Great for deleting your computers'-where-you've-been records!)

All are free and can be founded on download.com(A great site for software)
-Visit my Graphics shop in the fanart section!
Dark Shadow
A License
A License

Postby D-Zyphyr » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:39 pm

*looks at computer*

Let's see....70 gigs...25 is Yuriko...10 are images...15 are episodes...and 20 are programs...Not a single adware program. O_o I don't even know how ActiveX got on my computer! <_< The ads are just annoying. I get them on practically every site.
D-Zyphyr
HMM... COPPER PIPE!
HMM... COPPER PIPE!

Postby XHunter » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:40 am

..... your problem is a AdWare/Spyware program you got ether from the last time you used IE or from not having your system protected with a firewall, ether way you got a Adware/Spyware program that pops up with random ads while you surf the web. the fastest way to get rid of thise is to use a Program called Ad-Ware or another one called Spy-Bot Search & Destroy...

and no Adware dose not that the program will pop up with ads.. Adware and Spyware are software that gets on to your computer and dose many different things.. from Slowing Down your Computer to Tracking where you go online and reporting it to the creator to giving you POP up ads and many other things.. in short they are programs made to screw with your system.

see here for a list or programs to use to protect your computer.

http://www.rockmanamv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Taiyoh » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:53 pm

Good thing I'm not getting those anymore...
Our old pc was full of it though.
It messed up the whole PC, and broke it down!
Taiyoh
On Air!
On Air!

Postby XHunter » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:48 pm

oh it gets worse... I was fixing a friends computer last night and he had a Spyware program that embeds it self into your OS and acts like a Virus Detector. it shows up in the lower left hand corner and flashs a Circle with a line througth it, and it says "Virus Detected scan your computer with a alware program to remove it" and every 3-10mins it will open up your default web browser and shows you a Ad for "Quakeware" or "Spyware Quake" or if you click on the little window that pops out of the icon it takes you to the site.

so don't be tricked while on your computer about Virus Detectors.. Remember Windows dose not come with its own virus scanner.

Also this was a GUI spyware program, which means it was set to startup as soon as windows booted.

So to remove this I had to Update Spybot Search & Destroy and scan the computer, it found it and said it could not remove it because it was running, so it asked if I wanted to run Spybot first when windows booted, and I did so which it found the Spyware again and was able to remove it since the program did not have a chance to start running.
Last edited by XHunter on Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby Taiyoh » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:12 pm

Quite some Masterful skills ya got there Hunter.
I'm impressed.
Taiyoh
On Air!
On Air!

Postby XHunter » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:44 pm

.... >.> thats just some simple Adware/Spyware removel process... me and genericnumber1 do way more complicated things then that..

there is a reason why Im going to college next year for Computer Networking , Its not that I want to learn Computer Networking its that I want to get a Degree in what I already know, not saying I know everything... just that I can quote "Pwn the Highest Level Network Techs at SBC" which my parents say... thats not saying much since all they want you to do is simple checking processes.

and I Quote

"Click Start then Click on Run from there type in Command and press enter. Then type in IPConfig and tell me what it says... ok now type in Ipconfig/release and wait a momment then type ipconfig/renew and tell me what it says.... etc"
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby D-Zyphyr » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:46 pm

O_O WAIT! XHunter! I have that quakeware thing! <_< It REALLY pisses me off, do you know how to remove it?
D-Zyphyr
HMM... COPPER PIPE!
HMM... COPPER PIPE!

Postby XHunter » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:57 pm

-.- *sign* if you read the rest of my post you would have noticed I posted this

"So to remove this I had to Update Spybot Search & Destroy and scan the computer, it found it and said it could not remove it because it was running, so it asked if I wanted to run Spybot first when windows booted, and I did so which it found the Spyware again and was able to remove it since the program did not have a chance to start running."

in short.

1.Download Spybot Search & Destory

2.Update it! - If Needed

3.Tell Spybot to Scan on Windows boot up.

To set spybot to start on boot up, go to the Modes tab and choose "Advanced Mode" then click "Yes" now click on the + Next to Settings and from the drop down menu choose "Settings" Scroll down to System Start and choose "Automatically run at system startup" and you should be done.

Close the program and restart your Computer and when Windows boots up the first thing to pop up before your taskbar menu and your icons will be Spybot which will search for Spyware on your comp.... and it should find it and tell spybot to fix the selected problems... and your done!
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby genericnumber1 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:39 pm

Haha I remember when my brother's girlfriend's computer was so messed up her start menu wouldn't work XD that was a good couple hour project.. I even had to delete files from DOS :-\ shift+delete wasn't cutting it. :P but xhunter, it's a lot easier to remove spyware and stuff in safemode :D you dont have to worry about all that "program is running" ****
genericnumber1
Maverick Hunter
Maverick Hunter

Postby XHunter » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:58 pm

yes but most people here don't know how to get to safe mode :P so I told them the other way to do it :P and Woot! for DOS... just had to use it last night to copy some system files after formating the guys comp .. Woot for MD win98 and copy *.* C:\Win98 :P and who could forget cd.. ^.^
XHunter
San wa iranai!
San wa iranai!

Postby D-Zyphyr » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:03 pm

D-Zyphyr
HMM... COPPER PIPE!
HMM... COPPER PIPE!

Next

Return to General Chat